as a stay-at-home mom, i know that some of the best activities are those that get you OUT of the home. from my family to yours, here are some of our favorite activities to participate in during the fall season.
1. hay ride: our family enjoys going to the farm and taking a hayride out to the pumpkin patch.
2. corn maze: take the family to the corn maze and see if you can find your way through the maze without any corn maze helping hints. another fun way to enjoy the corn maze is to split the family into 2 groups and race to see who can get out of the maze first.
3. haunted house: get "spooked" at a haunted house!
4. make caramel apples: after picking fresh apples at the orchard, take them home and make scrumptious caramel apples. i like to make extras and give them away to friends and neighbors.
5. pick apples at the orchards: take your family to an apple orchard and pick fresh apples. i love implementing as much "outdoor" activities as possible before the snow comes in.
6. pumpkin patch: let every family member pick out their own pumpkin. kids always want to find the biggest pumpkin they can, so the general rule around here is "if you can carry it out, you can pick it"
7. stuff a scarecrow: let the kids contribute to the halloween decor this year, and stuff a scarecrow.
8. host a halloween party: invite family, friends, and neighbors over for a party. whether it's a costume party, or a dinner party, celebrate the season with those you love.
9. serve dinner in mini pumpkins: serve your favorite chili or dinner casserole in these pumpkin gourds. the kids will LOVE it.
10. roast pumpkin seeds: an easy activity to do with kids, and a yummy treat to enjoy after.
11. fall foliage: take a drive up the canyon (or a walk) and admire all of the beautiful fall colors. it is the perfect time to take the camera out and get some great outdoor shots of the family.
12. rake the leaves and play in them: every child has fond memories of raking the leaves into one big pile and then jumping in. create some memories for your little ones.
13. "BOO" your neighbors: find a cute "BOO" poem online and attach it to some treats. wait until dark and then leave it on their porch. the poem tells the neighbors to spread the cheer to 2 more neighbors.