It seems like around each holiday, we are looking for creative and festive ways to give a gift to those we associate with. Whether it is your neighbors, someone you visit, teachers, co-workers, friends/family, or even a small party favor... we are always trying to come up with a holiday inspired gift. When I saw this idea over at "Creative Holiday Gift Ideas blog", I had to document it for future use. I can see myself using this darling yet simple idea for years to come. It sure beats slaving over several dozens of cookies, yes, this is my type of thing.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 quart jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.
My changes: I did M&M's first, then Peeps, then put combined brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in baggie. I didn't like how the crumbs made a mess in the jar. Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. (Makes 9 to 12 bars.) *Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed. *This gift jar may be created to suit any holiday for which marshmallow candies are available.
**Here is a card you can print with your jars... they are 3x3 size. **