What you need:
- Three 5 x 5 Paper Mache art boards ($2.99 at craft supply stores)
- Ribbon for hanging
- Acrylic paints and paint brushes
- Card stock for printing your design
- Permanent spray adhesive
- Remove rope strands from the boards and discard.
- Choose a style of ribbon and cut 3 strands the exact same size.
- Apply your base coat to cover the brown paper mache. Paint everything, including the back side.
- Start painting! It helped me to sketch out my design on the computer before diving into painting. I used acrylic paints and paint brushes. All three boards were given a different pattern in the background.
- I drew the elephant in Adobe Illustrator and chose two colors for the elephants. Then I printed them out on card stock and cut them out, leaving a little white border to help them stand out against the painted backgrounds.
- I tested out the placement before adhering the paper elephants to the boards. Using permanent spray adhesive, I adhered the elephants to the boards. Tie on the ribbon to hang and your done!